UBER OR LYFT OPTIONS FOR YOUR GUEST
For all the hard work and money you have put into your wedding, you will want your guests to thoroughly enjoy themselves. That means you want them to enjoy your specially created signature drinks throughout the night without having to worry about driving. (You can, of course, plan for a shuttle … but guests may want to leave independent of when other guests choose to leave.)
Fortunately, there is a convenient and affordable solution to this through Uber and Lyft! All you have to do is input details of your wedding, put a start and stop time with locations for pick-up and drop-off, select your budget per guest(s), create your custom promo code, and distribute it to your guests!
How it Works
Uber and Lyft event promo codes are essentially the same with slight nuances, but here is a convenient step-by-step for Uber and Lyft respectively.
Go to https://www.lyft.com/events, and click on "Create Events" at the top of the page.
(1) Create the event and input details of the event in order to create a custom promo code. (i.e. add event location)
(2) Make your own budget for a ride per guest(s). You can make the ride credit available whenever your guests need it and cut it off when they don’t.
(3) Send coupon/codes to guests (they need the app)
(4) You will be refunded for any ride credit your guests don’t use.
Go to www.uber.com/events, scroll all the way to the bottom and click the link to begin purchasing ride passes for the event.
(1) Purchase ride passes for the event by creating the event and naming it. Then choose when and where you want guests to ride.
(2) Distribute ride passes to guests by sharing custom ride pass link or promo code. (They will need the app, of course.) Guests can either (1) claim their ride pass via a “Claim My Ride” from the email sent and it will automatically apply to their account or (2) they can manually apply the code in the “Promotions” portion of their app.
(3) You will only have to pay for the rides used!
Additional information to keep in mind:
On top of the budget you decide to put into rides for your guests, there is a 2.5% administrative fee (on the promotional value of ride passes) at the time of purchase. Also, in the event that the a ride costs more than your budget per ride , the guest will pay for any outstanding charges.
Uber and Lyft have great reviews for this service, and it makes your wedding much more convenient and enjoyable!